Shop Small Saturday in Downtown Long Beach
Shop Small Saturday is a great way to end the Thanksgiving holiday by supporting our local business owners. They too will give back by kicking off this holiday season with a variety of activities, entertainment, crafts, and holiday-themed food & drinks.
This is the second year the Downtown Long Beach Alliance has partnered with American Express on Shop Small Saturday. The event was created by AmEx ten years ago as an alternative to Black Friday shopping.
Approximately 30 Downtown shops will participate, and, The Long Beach Port is this year’s event sponsor. MADE by Millworks on Pine Avenue will serve as the main transportation hub. Each of the Downtown areas—Downtown Core, Pine Avenue Corridor, East Village, and Waterfront—will provide a welcome station with a map, art, and music.
Courtesy of the City of Long Beach and DLBA, all on-street metered parking north of Seaside Way will be free all day. Also, parking in lot C on Third Street between Long Beach Boulevard and Pine Avenue will offer free parking.
The trolley will provide a map and transportation around downtown Long Beach. It will operate two routes, both accessible at MADE by Millworks, free of charge. While businesses will be open all day for shopping, the Big Red Bus and trolley will be in circulation from 11 AM-5 PM.
Here is a quick look at some of the specials taking place during Shop Small Saturday. For a complete list visit Downtown Long Beach Alliance.
480 Pine Ave Open from 8 am-8 pm
- Offering 10% off all freshly roasted coffee bags (valid 11-5 pm)
- Hosting the Gingerbread Village this year!
470 Pine Ave Open from 1 pm-10 pm
- Open studio class from 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Free collaborative painting
- Offering 1/2 o bottles of House Wine
- “On This Winter’s Night” from 7 -9 PM $35 per person featuring giving away prizes during the class
460 Pine Avenue Open from 12-11 pm
- Offering 10% o entire purchase, special giveaways (valid all day)
- Featuring: Hot Chocolate Storytime for Kids 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Live Music 8 pm-10 pm
240 Pine Ave Open from 9 am-10 pm
- Offering Free gift for first 25 Customers, Free Gift Wrapping
- Featuring: Live Music in front of Store
- Pop-Up Vendors, Holiday Movies in Elinor
501 E Broadway Open from 11 am-7 pm
- Holiday giveaways
- Trio sample of holiday candles
- Serving cookies + mimosas
- All who spend $40+ will be gifted a ReCircle Home “Good Vibes” tote!
original content as previously seen on ShowMeHome.com