Long Beach Weekend Events Guide - March 10 & 11
Check out our round-up of Long Beach weekend events for March 10 & 11. Among the events coming to the LBC this weekend is Farm Lot 59’s plant sale, an American Indian Pow Wow over two days at Cal State Long Beach, and the bride-inspiring Wedding Show Weekend.
Saturday, March 10
- Royal Cup Cafe hosts free stand-up comedy shows from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m every Saturday at 994 Redondo Ave. Sign-ups open at 6 p.m. Enjoy fresh coffee brews and a full meal and enjoy the show. For more information, email Ryan at [email protected].
- Katie Jo & The Mijos will bring the honky tonk spirit to the Pike Restaurant and Bar from 9 to 11 p.m. on Saturday.
(Photo Courtesy of Katie Jo & The Mijos)
- Farm Lot 59 is hosting a plant sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Urban farmers will sell heirloom and specialty vegetables. Everything is organic and locally grown. Some of the plants available for purchase are lacinato kale, black cherry tomatoes, stellar salad mix, artichoke, chamomile, heirloom sweet peas, cotton, cosmos, arugula. Those looking to grown their own produce can also purchase seeds.
Sunday, March 11
- Cal State Long Beach’s Bob Cole Conservatory’s will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a 2 p.m. concert at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center.
- The 5th Annual Wedding Show Weekend comes to Recreation Park 18 Golf Course from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. It will also run Sunday 4 to 7 p.m. at El Dorado Park Golf Course.
- American Indian culture will be celebrated this weekend at Cal State Long Beach’s 48th Annual Puvungna Pow Wow. Organizers claim it's the largest spring event of its kind in Southern California.
(Photo Courtesy of Cal State Long Beach)
- The Fred Hall Show kicked off Wednesday at the Long Beach Convention Center and continues through the weekend. The convention’s organizers claim its the world’s largest sport-fishing show and California’s largest boat show. Virtually all forms of outdoor recreation are represented at this event.